Fall / Winter 2019-2020 Trends
Even though summer is in full swing, we are always excited to look forward to next season’s trends and inspirations. For the Fall and Winter 2019-2020 seasons, we see many reoccurring trends with the addition of a few new looks. Incorporating these upcoming trends into your packaging collections will create something fresh and new for your customers and brand alike.
Whatever your company’s brand identity may be, there is an edgy new trend that can fit into your brand’s style. According to trend reports, the most popular themes for this upcoming Fall / Winter 2019-2020 trends are:
- Seventies Boho Style/Patchwork– Warm Earthy tones and patterns like florals or paisley are a staple of this decade’s fashion and are also perfect for fall packaging that can continue into winter and beyond. Apply these swatches and prints to materials like kraft paper, cotton, or canvas to complete your boho-inspired look.
- See-Through Materials – Transparent materials like cotton, mesh, or pvc can be used together or separately to create a packaging piece that speaks to your brand. Combine these materials with custom printing for a completely unique in-store shopper, or reusable shopping bag.
- Ribbons – Ribbons are a fun detail that can be added to any type of packaging. For example: add some ribbon handles to paper shopping bags, or use them as a closure for drawstring pouches or as a tie closure for a gift box. The options are endless as they can come in any size, width, material, or color. Ribbons can come on spools with treatments like foil hot stamping, or custom printing.
- Sustainability – With the environment in mind, many companies and fashion designers have created products with recycled eco-friendly materials. When creating new packaging pieces, sustainable paper materials made with post-consumer waste, or reusable fabrics like unbleached cotton, muslin, pp-non woven, or jute can be used for more ecological merchandise.
- Velvet - Velvet is a chic material that can be used in the colder Fall and Winter months. With a luxurious feel, velvet can be incorporated onto shopping bag handles, tote bags, pouches, and more. Velvet can be mixed and matched with a selection of other 2019-2020 trends to create a truly unique packaging piece.
- Neon – Neon colors are great transitional hues from Summer into the Fall and Winter seasons. From deep oranges and yellows to bright blues and purples, neon hues can be incorporated into your packaging as a gradient or printed alone for a bold statement. Neons can also be mixed and matched with different seasonal prints.
No matter your brand identity, there is a unique trend for your company to keep its packaging collection fresh and up to date. Your customers will love one of a kind pieces to reuse, regift or keep for themselves.