What EPI Certified Means for your Packaging
Regardless of the diligence of eco-friendly consumers, certain products and packaging end up in a landfill. EPI (Environmental Products, Inc.) is the leading provider of oxo biodegradable plastic additive technology, which allows treated plastics to decompose faster and fully.
The largest category of plastics use is in packaging, whether it is food packaging, packaging boxes, product display packaging or gift and shopping bags. These items are often treated as one-time-use solutions and tossed in the garbage.
EPI promotes the use of their Totally Degradable Plastic Additives (“TDPA®”) technology as a way to address plastic waste issues. In production of the packaging, the additive is added, creating an easier to decompose product without losing the integrity and appearance of the product. Treated plastics only differ after they have been disposed of.
Advantages of EPI
EPI products are backed by a strong certification process and ancillary support. The EPI continues to:
- Educate consumers, wholesalers and providers on biodegradable plastics
- Research and further develop their proprietary oxo-biodegradable TDPA® additive technology
- Instruct manufacturers on the environmentally responsible oxo-biodegradable technology
- Develop and encourage research and leadership in the biodegradable and degradable plastics industry
- Create strong alliances within the green industry
- Partner with leaders with passion for the environment
Prime Line Packaging is proud to partner with EPI to offer treated plastic packaging, with their Totally Degradable Plastic Additives (“TDPA®”) as a solution for our eco-conscious providers and their consumers. The quality of the plastic materials, the customization and printing, and the reliability of the construction remain untouched. Only their afterlife is affected, decomposing easily in landfills and creating a greener world.