Reusable Shopping Bags: Worth Your While
Across the country and world, reusable packaging is being implemented in stores and boutiques due to their affordable costs and positive environmental impact, leading the cause by example.
The key to creating reusable packaging that your customers will use repeatedly is to focus on usability and design. If the design is clever enough, customers may use it as a gift bag.
The functionality of the reusable shopping bag should also inform its design. Construction materials, pockets or inserts, and common handles are all decisions which should be made based on how your customers use their reusable bags.
TIP: In order to create excitement and expectation about a new, innovative design consider running a contest to design the artwork for your bag.
You can incentivize people to make use of reusable bags in a multitude of ways including:
• Offering a discount for each piece of reusable packaging used instead of paper or plastic (standard incentives are 5- to 10-cents a bag
• On special sales days, give away reusable bags and offer your customers 10% off on all of the items that they can fit in them.
• Presenting a gift-with-purchase reusable bag over a certain amount (for example, over $100)
• Placing signs around your business that remind people to bring their reusable bags
• Prominently display your reusable bags, along with their price, to encourage impulse buys
There are countless ways to encourage people to utilize reusable bags, even if paper and plastic aren’t yet banned in your area. By choosing to address the growing trend head-on, you are able to become a leader in your community for eco-friendly options.
Let Prime Line Packaging help you create show-stopping reusable packaging to begin reaping the benefits.